NY RANGERS 0 vs. OTTAWA 3
The New York Rangers lost to the Ottawa Senators 3-0, below are the team issued postgame notes.
- KILL ZONE – The Rangers were 2-for-2 (4:00) on the penalty kill in the contest. The Rangers have not allowed a power play goal in nine of their last 11 games (27-for-29; 93.1%) and in 12 of their last 15 games (36-for-39; 92.3%). The Blueshirts are 46-for-50 (92.0%) on the penalty kill over the last 18 games and are 53-for-58 (91.4%) on the penalty kill over the last 21 contests. The Blueshirts have not allowed a power play goal in 22 of the last 29 games (72-for-80; 90.0%) and they are 134-for-154 (87.0%) on the penalty kill over the last 57 games.
- SHOOTING GALLERY – New York registered 26 shots on goal on the contest, as 14 of 18 skaters recorded at least one shot on goal.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 24 of 26 shots in the contest. He has allowed two goals or fewer in four of his last five appearances and in 28 of 45 appearances in 2014-15. Lundqvist has posted a 4-1-0 record, along with a 1.99 GAA and a .936 SV% in his last five appearances.
- Ryan Bourque recorded one shot on goal and registered one takeaway in 11:49 of ice time while making his NHL debut.
- Chris Summers tied for the team lead with five hits and recorded one blocked shot in 18:32 of ice time. Summers, who was recalled by the Rangers today, has been credited with eight hits in two contests with the Blueshirts this season.
- Ryan McDonagh registered three shots on goal, recorded two hits, was credited with one takeaway, and blocked one shot while skating in a team-high 23:15 of ice time.