The New York Rangers lost to the defending Stanley Cup Champions 4-1 at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday evening. Below are the team issued postgame notes.
- KILL ZONE – The Rangers were 2-for-2 (4:00) on the penalty kill in the contest. The Blueshirts are 22-for-24 (91.7%) on the penalty kill over the last nine games and are 29-for-32 (90.6%) on the penalty kill over the last 12 contests. The Rangers have not allowed a power play goal in 15 of the last 20 games (48-for-54; 88.9%) and they are 110-for-128 (85.9%) on the penalty kill over the last 48 games.
- HITTING MACHINE – New York was credited with 40 hits in the contest, as 16 different skaters recorded at least one hit and six different skaters registered at least three. The Rangers have been credited with 40 or more hits in two of the last three contests (they recorded a season-high 46 hits on Mar. 21 at Carolina).
- SHOOTING GALLERY – The Rangers recorded 36 shots on goal in the contest, as 15 different skaters registered at least one and 10 different skaters were credited with two or more. New York has registered at least 30 shots on goal in 46 of 72 games this season and has registered 35 or more shots on goal in 25 contests in 2014-15.
- FIRST IN SCORE – The Blueshirts have tallied the first goal of the game in 27 of their last 42 games, in 35 of their last 54 contests, and in 44 of 72 games this season.
- Mats Zuccarello tallied a goal and recorded two shots on goal in 16:11 of ice time. With the goal, Zuccarello extended his point streak to three games (one goal, three assists over the span). He has recorded 21 points (six goals, 15 assists) in the last 26 games and has notched 10 points (one goal, nine assists) in the last 13 games, including nine points (one goal, eight assists) in the last 11 contests. Zuccarello ranks fourth on the team in even strength goals (13) and ranks fifth on the team in points (44) this season.
- Kevin Hayes recorded a goal, registered three shots on goal, was credited with two hits, and won four of seven faceoffs (57.1%) in 15:47 of ice time. Hayes has registered a point in three consecutive games (one goal, three assists over the span). He has also tallied 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in the last 15 games, 18 points (seven goals, 11 assists) in the last 23 games, 20 points (eight goals, 12 assists) in the last 26 games, and 21 points (nine goals, 12 assists) in the last 29 games. Hayes ranks fifth on the Rangers in even strength goals (12) and ranks sixth on the team in goals (14) this season.
- J.T. Miller notched an assist and was credited with three hits in 15:36 of ice time. With his assist, Miller extended his point streak to three games (two goals, two assists over the span). Miller’s three-game point streak is tied for his career-high (he also tallied a three-game point streak from Jan. 3 to Jan. 8 during this season). He has recorded five points (three goals, two assists) in the last seven games.
- Dan Boyle tallied an assist, recorded three shots on goal, was credited with one hit, and blocked one shot in 20:48 of ice time. He ranks fifth on the Rangers in blocked shots (62) this season.