NY RANGERS 2 vs. WASHINGTON 5
The New York Rangers lost to the Washington Capitals 5-2, below are the team issued postgame notes.
- HOT AT THE DOT – The Rangers won 26 of 47 faceoffs (55.3%) they took in the contest. Five of seven Blueshirts who took at least one faceoff in the game posted a faceoff win percentage of 50% of better.
- Derick Brassard registered a goal, led all skaters with five shots on goal and five takeaways, won eight of 14 faceoffs (57.1%), and posted a plus-one rating in 16:24 of ice time. He has notched a point in three of the last six games (one goal, two assists) and has tallied seven points (three goals, four assists) in the last 14 contests. Brassard has also recorded 20 points (four goals, 16 assists) in the last 28 games. He ranks second on the Blueshirts with 55 points, which is a career-high, and is tied for fourth on the team in goals (16) this season.
- Kevin Hayes tallied a goal, recorded three shots on goal, and tied for the team-high with two blocked shots in 15:11 of ice time. Hayes has registered a point in five of the last six games, recording seven points (two goals, five assists) over the span. He has also tallied 10 points (three goals, seven assists) in the last 11 games, 14 points (five goals, nine assists) in the last 18 games, 21 points (eight goals, 13 assists) in the last 26 games, 23 points (nine goals, 14 assists) in the last 29 games, and 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists) in the last 32 games. Hayes ranks sixth on the team – and ranks sixth among NHL rookies – in goals (15) this season.
- Mats Zuccarello recorded an assist and posted a plus-one rating while leading all Rangers forwards with 20:05 of ice time. He has tallied a point in five of the last six games, registering seven points (two goals, five assists) over the span. He has also registered 12 points (two goals, 10 assists) in the last 14 games and 24 points (seven goals, 17 assists) in the last 29 contests. Zuccarello ranks second on the team in even strength assists (27), ranks third in assists (33), is tied for fourth on the team in points (47), and is tied for fifth on the team in plus/minus rating (plus-17) this season.
- Ryan McDonagh tallied an assist, tied for the team-high with two blocked shots, and was credited with three takeaways in 20:08 of ice time. The Rangers captain leads team defensemen in assists (19) and is tied for first among team defensemen in points (26) in 2014-15.
- Dan Girardi was credited with two hits while skating in his 644th career NHL game in today’s contest. By appearing in today’s game, the Rangers alternate captain tied Rod Seiling for 17th on the franchise’s all-time games played list and seventh on the franchise’s all-time games played list among defensemen. Girardi leads all NHL players in games played since he made his NHL debut on Jan. 27, 2007.
- Chris Summers tied for the team-high with three hits and recorded two shots on goal in 15:00 of ice time while making his Rangers debut in the contest.